- Really good foam on a cappuccino
- Snuggling with C as she falls asleep for her nap…hearing her breathing slow down and feeling her go all limp and cozy.
- Junior Mints
- Whole grains–steel cut oats, super chewy bread. Yum.
- Not noticing the hill on my run until I am already at the top.
- Honeycrisp apples. I can’t recall having these before this year–wow!
- Surprises in the mail–new magazines, scrapping supplies, photo orders, netflix movies.
- Looking at the gallery and newsletter at Poppy Ink. The owner there is amazing. See, scrapping is cool!
- Hearing C’s door open after she is supposed to be in bed. Coming upstairs and finding her wandering around. "I am looking for my daddy." For some reason the "my daddy" part just touches me…and not just because that means I get to go back downstairs and he has to go up and put her back to bed 🙂
- Listening to old This American Life episodes online. Love this show. It is on at an inconvenient time here and somehow I just realized a month or two ago that I can listen online–free! Keeping up with current episodes, and listened to 2006, 2005, and about half of 2004 so far.
(Note: this list is not necessarily in order)
Still very optimistic about elections today and thinking positive thoughts.