Sneak Peek April 24, 2008
Two Weeks April 22, 2008
- Grammy and Grampy left on Saturday, so we have been braving it on our own since then
- M spits up *a lot* more than C ever did. Now I understand how babies mean more laundry–she goes through her entire wardrobe every 36 hours or so
- But other than that, M is a great eater and sleeper–even a few 3-4 hour stretches. Of course, it is early days yet.
- M has been to Borders, Gymboree (nothing like $50 of expiring gymbucks to get me out the door), Safeway, the pediatrician, the midwife, McDonald’s, C’s preschool, the photographer, our development playground, and out to eat in Seattle (she slept in her carseat through the entire meal and even the drive home).
- She loves a good swaddle, and luckily G is the king swaddler, with a tricky two blanket method
- M is incredibly strong and already has amazing head control. She can get out of a single blanket swaddle in seconds (but see above). Even the pediatrician said that she sees two month olds who can’t lift their heads as well.
- We think there may be some smiles already.
- Cord finally fell off today
- We are all in love with her–C asks to hold her constantly and then coos "Oh my sweet honey baby, I love you so much."
- She makes lots of funny faces and grunty noises.
- She slept best in Grammy’s arms, but G is kind of excited that he finally gets to hold her sometimes now 😉
Some other pictures:
pictures April 11, 2008
What a Difference a Day Makes April 8, 2008
Supposedly, you cannot be pregnant forever April 7, 2008
but you’ll get no supporting data about that from *me* for now.
Still here. Still pregnant. Getting cranky and impatient (so I am sure my co-workers are happy that I started taking vacation…my parents who arrived Friday night to help take care of the baby, not so much).
New Pregnancy Record April 4, 2008
This is the most pregnant I have ever been…as C was born two days after her due date, and I am now *3* days past the due date with the Bean.
Finished my part of the responsibility with record keeping and tax prep, fixed the major bug hanging over my head at work, been visualizing birth and talking to the baby, getting sleep when I can…mentally, I am ready to go. Clothes are washed, diapers ready, Humanity Bed arrived weeks ago, birth center suitcase all packed up.
C was very much looking forward to sleeping over at a friend’s house while we are at the birth center–we even picked out a rolling suitcase together and packed it–but given that my parents arrive tonight (we picked a date that was supposed to be 4 – 7 days after the baby’s expected arrival) that plan won’t happen.
Yesterday or today was the midwife’s prediction. We have blown way by my original (well, hoped-for) prediction. C and G now predict Saturday. I am making plans to go out for a fabulous dinner and movie with G tomorrow night (since my parents will be here to watch C) and maybe good brunch on Sunday…kind of because I want to, and kind of because maybe making some fun plans will guarantee a baby disruption?
So, if anyone is still checking up on me here…no news. Hopefully soon though!