1. Hearing "She is so big!" (or worse, "He is so big!") gets old fast; hearing "She is so beautiful" never does.
2. If you are behind on the baby’s laundry, she will spit up on her clothes. If you are behind on your laundry, she will spit up on you. If you are caught up on laundry, she will spit up such that it runs into her hair.
3. Nails that seem too soft to file and too short to cut can leave quite an angry looking scratch on the face.
4. It is possible to get cradle cap on eyebrows–even eyebrows that are basically invisible to the human eye.
5. The day you decide you really will sleep when the baby sleeps is the day the baby sleeps in 20 minute increments only.
6. The new math: 4 hours sleep + 2 hours sleep + 1 hours sleep is not equal to 7 hours sleep.
7. Newborn acne gets progressively better for the several days leading up to a visit/outing will get worse again that day.